Sunday, January 25, 2009

Online life

ok so  as U may know  I am  a social media person wannabe. Yes I said wannabe cause no matter how hard I try to make it it never ever seems to go anywhere !!!! It all started about a year ago when I first got introduced to Ustream.tv and the idea of streaming live video on the Internet !!!! But my blogging goes back to the year 2004 !!!

 

After a  few months of streaming 24/7 people got extremely bored of me and not even my friends bothered to show up any more !!!  So I thought I should come up  with an interesting idea for a  weekly live Webcast  that is  also viewer interactive !!! I called it QTV and the premise of the show was Quizzing the viewers  having them call in live on skype to answer a range of questions from academic  to entertainment  industry related. The show started ok as I streamed it on both Ustream.tv  and live.yahoo.com  simultaneously  at the time. When I say ok I mean it got  about 10 or so viewers and headed down to a steady decline right from the very beginning !!! The decline got even worse  with the unfortunate death of live.yahoo.com !!! Seeing the decline in viewers I decided to mix it up and add Topics of Discussion as well. That held up well for about 3 weeks or so. Anyway cut the  story short the  last episode of QTV I did (scroll down to my blog entry January 8th) had only 2 viewers show up !!

 

Now at the same time I blog whenever something comes to my mind or when I do a  video or whenever I finish an episode of QTV I blog it immediately . Now  with my blogging  I get a  ton of feedback  and comments on each entry, the problem is almost all of them are transparent, See Through or made of material not from this  world thats Y I cant C any of it !!! ( Get my attempt at sarcasm? )

According to sitemeter.com  on a  daily basis I get 1  to 3  hits on my blog  !! wow isnt that a lot? On a  good day after I tweet something that I have blogged I usually get 7 or 8 hits !!! and  usually no comments  or feedback at all !!

 

Not to mention that I have the power of over 170 followers on http://twitter.com/paykan  and  I do tweet every single QTV show (Thursdays 8pm mountain time http://www.ustream.tv/chanel/paykan's-world ) or blog entry and yet this is the results Im getting.

So I am asking U, What do I need to do to get a bigger audience for my New Social Media activities?  Am I really that boring, ugly and  unintelligent that U people cant bare to spend a  few minutes or at most 2 hours a  week  with me?  Lets C how many comments  and feedback this blog entry gets !!

2 comments:

  1. We've already talked about this.. don't have much else to say! Sorry <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know we talked about it, I was hoping to get some more answers from others, But Oh well :(

    ReplyDelete